russet adj : brown with a reddish tinge n : a reddish brown homespun fabric
- A coarse, reddish-brown, homespun fabric.
- Country dress; homespun cloth.
- A reddish-brown color.
- russet color:
- A reddish-brown pigment prepared from madder root (Rubia
tinctoria); "a true middle hue between orange and purple."
- (From 1880s British/American dictionary.)
- Variety of apple of russet-colored, rough skin.
- Variety of potato with dark gray-brown, rough skin.
- Japanese: あずき色 (azukiiro)
- Having a reddish-brown color.
- Gray or ash-colored (antiquated usage).
- "Russet-pated" (gray hair). Shakespeare, Midsummer Night's Dream, iii. 2.
- Rustic, homespun, coarse, plain.
- Shakespeare, Loves Labour's Lost, V. 2
- "Condition of leather when it is finished, excepting the operations of coloring and polishing the surface." (From 1880s British/American dictionary.)
- Japanese: あずき色の (azukiiro no)
- russet apple (see above)
- russet potato (see above)
Russet may refer to: